Monday, March 10, 2014

Ft.Steilacoom 36 - NT Practice

TEAM DISCRAFT - TEAM GORILLA BOY - TEAM PARAGON

Ft. Steilacoom NT Practice!

I spent the weekend in Steilacoom, Washington visiting Stephanie's family. On Sunday my father in law, Steve,  and I met up with local legend Chandler Fry to play Ft. Steilacoom and we were able to get all 36 holes in! Here is a simple hole by hole recap, enjoy!

NW

1. The pin was in a different position than what I played in the tournament last year. In comparison it is a tad longer and to the left. I threw an anhyzer Z Wasp (poorly) as my first drive out of the gate and bounced around the fairway and left myself about 60 feet away. I settled for a par. 

2. Classic hole two at Steily fits well into my forehand Z Drone range and I landed pin high about 22 ft to the right. Birdie!

3. Check the vid: Hole 3 NW Ft. Steilacoom. I clipped the tree on the right and had to settle for a par. 

4. I again threw the Z Wasp anhyzer with poor results - par. 

5. One of the best par fours in the NW, hole 5 consists of hitting an initial gap with a right to left flying shot (Z Pred, nailed it) than having to follow up with a tunnel shot (Z Drone, also nailed it) to a tight green. Give me a tap in birdie please!

6. Breaker under the pin, birdie. 

7. Forehand Z Pred into a jail approximately 50 ft short. Forehand layup with the Ringer for a tap in par. 

8. Backhand Z Pred into the first tree...ouch. Backdoor forehand Z Hurricane that gets rejected resulting in a very rare thumbed flop shot for a tap in bogey. 

9. Uphill right to left shot, parked with the Breaker for the second time of the round. Birdzee.

Front Nine recap: 3, 2, 3, 3, 3, 2, 3, 4, 2: 25 (-3)

10. Low forehand (Z Surge) that just barely got caught on the corner. Fluffed my 38 ft straddle jump putt - par

11. Deep gully shot - Z Drone flick, failed to convert the 28 ft putt - par

12. Z Tracker turnover into the "non-gap" and hope that it doesn't kick back into the wild. Mine didn't! Short chip shot up the hill for an easy birdie. 

13. Did not committ to the turnover Z Drone and left myself stranded on the walkout about 40' above the pin. Par

14. Smooth forehand with the Z Surge that skipped down the hill. I tried a high release spin putt a la Doss style and came up just short and sadly rolled back to myself. Drilled it on take two! Par. 

15. I drilled a low line drive with a Z Force and had a 90 ft chip shot to the pin for a tap in par. 

16. One of the more fun downhill drives on the course, I threw a Z Pred to straight and long and wound up in the brush with a very small window of escape. I tossed a single pan hammer with the Ringer and scrapped a par. Chandler very kindly referred to me as a disc wizard - or dwizard as it was. 

17. 465! I threw a tad low and was 60 ft short and right and did not hit the long deuce - sadly just a par on my favorite hole in Washington. 

18. Forehand Z Surge under le pin for a round ending tap in bird. 

Back Nine recap: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2 (-2)

Total: 51 (-5)

SE

1. Anhyzer Z Force, chip shot with a Ringer, birdie 3. 

2. Forehand Z Pred hit the corner tree and bounced back. Long putt with danger behind it was short - par.

3. Perfect Z Drone forehand for a gimme bird. 

4. Very fortunate turnover Z Tracker that landed long of the pin. Clanked off the front rim for my first of several missed birdie putts of the round. 

5. There are a few trees on this hole, I may have hit one or three of them. Bogey

6. Forehand Hurricane / Forehand Ringer / Clank / Bogey. 

7. Excellent turnover down the hill with the Z Hurri that found the green and I finally made a birdie putt outside of 28 ft. 

8. Forehand Z Surge, straddle putt off the rim...getting a bit tired of missing short putts. Mostly due to fatigue though, my shoulders were sore!

9. Breaker to the edge of the green on the left, hit a kneeling low ceiling deuce!

Front Nine recap: 3, 3, 2, 3, 4, 4, 2, 3, 2: 26 (-2)

10. I tried throwing the Meteor turnover shot up the hill but yanked it right and clipped a branch. Par

11. We played the traditional par four position since the temp basket with OB is not set up during non-tournament play. I hit the green in two and since Chandler and I were joking about missing putts I promptly missed mine and my comeback - bogey 5. Coolest thing about this hole was my tee shot - I flicked a First Run Z Crank about 390 ft with little effort!

12. Good drive and a better putt - birdie!

13. Easiest hole on both courses and I flubbed it short and doinked the putt. 

14. Forehand Z Drone for a tap in bird. 

15. Backhand Breaker for a tap in bird. 

16. Flex Z Force and almost converted the jump putt for an eagle. Easy bird.

17. Backhand hyzer with a Z Force that settled nicely on the left side of the fairway. Sky cut roller with the Z Surge to about 50' short and left. Pulled the jump putt wide for my second eagle attempt in a row. Tap in birdie four. 

18. Too low again! I've thrown this hole too low like every time. par finish.

Back Nine recap: 3, 5, 2, 3, 2, 2, 3, 4, 3: 27 (-4)

Total: 53 (-6)

Combined 104 (-11) on the day! Great times, thanks Chandler and Steve. 




No comments:

Post a Comment